01 February 2008

ok go



ok here I am. some of you were complaining that I force you to download possibly illegal files in order to find out artists' names... ok, I'll try to make it easier, maybe I'll fix the names in previous posts one day... anyway, here's some new stuff because I know that is the new stuff you'd like to find here. yes, I know that you want full albums and no, I won't post any. search in the internets or better, find some in good record stores, as I do. sometimes. when there's a sale.

First there's Hercules and Love Affair - it's a new project on DFA and they recruited Antony to provide vocals. And, if you ask me, there's no better place for Antony Hegarty than a discotheque. It's the first single, and when I get my hands on the remixes (Frankie Knuckles and Serge Santiago, we're talking HOUSE here) I'll try to up them as well.
Blind.m4a

Next is Vampire Weekend, a smart NY combo which just released its debut album. Its slightly over 30 minutes, smart, light and full of joy. And did I mention smart? in the second song they are namechecking Peter Gabriel, and I like it.
Oxford Comma.mp3
Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa.mp3

Don't know much about YMCK except from their home: Japan. It's refreshing in small doses, definitely cute, and swirling 8-bit machinery drives you crazy after more than 3 tracks. So only two for you.
2錆びた扉の第8天国.mp3
Major Swing.mp3

New on Matador, we have Times New Viking. Just one track, 1:12 long, it sums up the whole thing (album titled "Rip It Off") pretty nice.
RIP Allegory.mp3

To end with style, here's the notorious football anthem, in it's full, 8+ minutes glory. From '91, The Timelords.
Doctorin the Tardis 12.mp3
There's nothing like a good ol' game of footie.

That's Grzegorz Rasiak, our national pride.

No comments: