12 February 2008

Mr. Green


Adam Green used to be in a group called The Moldy Peaches - and I have to admit that although this name rings a bell, I'm completely not familiar with their output. It also seems that he enjoys quite successful solo career for the last six years, and managed to release four solo albums, which I apparently missed. Okay, his fifth record "Sixes and Sevens" is out soon via Rough Trade, and all I can say is that I'm totally, and completely, sold on this one.
People keep comparing Green to Jonathan Richman and Leonard Cohen - ok, maybe, but this album for me sounds like a crossover between Scott Walker (of course, because it seems like today literally every singer is influenced by Scott Walker) and Nick Cave, with very clever lyricism and a healthy dose of weird humor.

Festival Song
Morning After Midnight
Homelife
When A Pretty Face
Leaky Flask - this one's hilarious!
Sticky Ricki

No comments: