28 February 2008

back on the beat

Ok, after all those MOR (yep, face the truth) I posted earlier time to look into some music designed primarily for dancing.
First, I have to say that I somehow underestimated Claude Vonstroke, whom I like, but his tracks/remixes were getting quite homogenous for a while - even the best idea loses impact repeated over and over. This said, I am totally stunned by this remix he did for Poxymusic feat. Gina Mitchell. For my ear, at times he seems to be channeling Jaydee's "Plastic Dreams", but the result is by no means smashing, especially if you happened to know the original track.
Luke Solomon, on the other hand, just came up with a new album and there is much rave about it. Well, I'm not sure - I'll stick to his singles and remixes, as "The Difference Engine", although neatly executed, brings me very little excitement. Maybe it's because of some samples he uses - come on, do we really need to hear the same quotes from Uncle Bill and McKenna all over again? "Storm the studio", anyone? Is it a hommage to Meat Beat Manifesto? Btw, Jack Dangers also have a new album and it's not good at all. Anyway, here's a new remix Luke Solomon did for Andomat 3000.

No comments: